Camobodia WCTU News
In the midst of critical political situations in Korea and the nuclear threat of the North Korea, we who live abroad also feel burdened. All the more we pray that WCTU members do our best where we are.
Cambodia WCTU had Intercessory Prayer Meeting on January 31, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Around 15 young members participated. After prayer meeting, we had Bible Study and Worship Service. Since Missionaries Rev. Jicheul Jung and his wife Mi Ja Hahn went to New Zealand for sabbatical year, Missionary Rev. Kyung Gon Lee, husband of Missionary Soon Ok Choi, secretary of CWCTU, served as preacher.
We had WCTU lecture from 2:00 p.m. at Hun Neng Prek Kameus Middle and High School in the outskirt of Pnompenh. For the last three years, we have visited most schools in the city. Therefore, from now on, we need to go to the outskirt of Pnompenh which is now to be included in the city by the government.
Since the school did not have an auditorium, to hold over 700 students, we had to speak to 80 students in a classroom on the harm of alcohol, nicotine, and other narcotic drugs. The special lecture was given by Dr. Kang Yong Yang, a Ph. D. in Pharmacy.
If all the students were not able to listen, even in this we saw the providence of God. It is because the school had no electricity for the former two days, if it were in the auditorium, we could not have carried out any lecture at all.
Though small in number, the students paid so much attention to the lecture, the lecturer talked to the students that they were the best audience he ever had. The principle received us with such respect, and shared with us that the school was in need of two big garbage baskets. Hence we donated two garbage baskets to the school.
We would like to thank you all for your love and supports in our need both spiritual and physical.
Cambodia Woman's Christian Temperance Union
항상 저희 캄보디아 절제회를 물심양면으로 아끼고 사랑해 주시는 모든 분들께 진심으로 감사드립니다.
- Vanuatu WCTU News
- The essence of the news is that after over 6 months' intensive spiritual warfare, the drinking bar, which had been opened next door to the church was closed by last month and its owner became a temperance member, her photo taken separately below. The Korean missionary Mrs. Nanjoo Kim, has worked ...
- 새소식 절제회 2017.03.06 17:15
- Cambodia Report
- The summer hot season has just started in Cambodia. I find myself already worrying how to endure the long hot weather which reaches up to 100℉. Last February 23, Cambodia WCTU had its regular meeting and special lecture. From 10 a.m. the vice president Mrs. Hyangsun Kim led the officers' inter...
- 절제회 2017.03.03 11:32
- Camobodia WCTU News
- Shalom! In the midst of critical political situations in Korea and the nuclear threat of the North Korea, we who live abroad also feel burdened. All the more we pray that WCTU members do our best where we are. Cambodia WCTU had Intercessory Prayer Meeting on January 31, 2017, from 10:00 a....
- 절제회 2017.02.06 17:35
- Norway's White Ribbon Bulletin
- Tobaccou IntroductionThe tobacco epidemic is one of the biggest public health threats the world has ever faced, killing around 6 million people a year. More than 5 million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while more than 600 000 are the result of non-smokers being exposed t...
- 절제회 2017.02.10 12:38
- WWCTU, Nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize for 2017
- I, the undersigned Professor, Dr. Jung Joo Kim, support fully the following "Nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize for 2017" Nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize for 2017 The undersigned hereby nominate THE INTERNATIONAL SOBRIETY AND TEMPERANCE MOVEMENT represented by the movement’s largest int...
- 절제회 2017.01.28 16:26
- Cambodia WCTU News
- Dec. 28, 2016 Greetings to You! Cambodia WCTU sends our news after some time. Many things happened at CWCTU. First, there was a long vacation of schools. Then, as NGO, CWCTU was moved in the Government from Youth and Sports Department to Health and Social Service Department. We had to register...
- 절제회 2016.12.29 15:27
- The Testimony of Duck Ja Nam (Presented at the 2016 Ottawa World Convention)
- Hello, everyone! I feel so much privileged for this opportunity to speak in front of WWCTU members from all over the world. My name is Dukja Nam from Korea who is in charge of Home Protection Department for Korea Woman's Christian Temperance Union. Today, I want to share how the Lord saved a gir...
- 절제회 2016.09.23 16:04
- The Testimony of YTC Member Sarah Soyeon Oh (Presented at the 2016 Ottawa World Convention)
- Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. – John 11, verses 43-44 Members of the Korean delegation of the KWCTU often call me “Lazarus.” They say that like Lazarus, Jesus saved m...
- 절제회 2016.09.17 17:15
- A Concert in Commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of the Martyrdom of Reverend Robert Jermain Thomas
- September 4th, 1866. It was a moonless light. On the General Sherman was Reverend Robert Jermain Thomas. It was his second time visiting Korea as part of his mission to spread the gospel in Korea. During this era, Koreans were extremely hostile towards Christians and it was dangerous to spread the g...
- 절제회 2016.09.09 17:14
- Fruits of the World Convention
- Duk-ja Nam, KWCTU member, registered to become a life member of the WCTU along with her children. The Cambodian branch of the WCTU have resumed their meetings, newly strengthened by the convention. Elizabeth, a member from the New Zealand team, was encouraged by the World convention to become the pr...
- 절제회 2016.09.09 17:00
- Yonsei University Christian Students Hold Camp at Temperance Hall
- Whilst the KWCTU were in Ottawa, Canada for the 40th World Convention, the Christian students of Yonsei University had their annual Yonsei Christians Conference Workshop from August 19th to 20th at the Temperance Hall. YTC representatives shared the temperance message along with the gospel to the st...
- 절제회 2016.09.09 16:38
- The 40th WWCTU World Convention in Ottawa, Canada
- 40th World Convention - "Preserving the Past... Reflecting the Present... Shaping the Future" was held in Ottawa, Canada from August 18 - 24, 2016The Fairmont Chateau Laurier was the venue for the convention which saw over 140 members from more than 24 countries meet to share reports, discuss busine...
- 절제회 2016.09.07 12:29
- Resolutions & CODE OF ETHICS
- World’s Woman’s Christian Temperance Union Triennial Convention, August 18 – 24, 2016 RESOLUTIONS ALCOHOL Whereas, alcohol is the most used drug of choice worldwide; and Whereas, alcohol is the world's third highest risk factor for disease; and Whereas, alcohol is a known carcinogen; and W...
- 새소식 절제회 2016.06.21 13:37
- RESIST GENDER IDEOLOGY!
- RESIST GENDER IDEOLOGY! UNITED APPEAL OF CHRISTIANSFROM THE THREE BRANCHES OF CHRISTENDOM) (December 15, 2014) God in His wisdom created people as the crown of His creation in the polarity of man and woman and for complementarity (Genesis 1:1, 26-27; 2:21-24). This is where fellowship is ref...
- 절제회 2016.06.13 12:49
- KWCTU News
- Dear World Officers, I may briefly share how the Lord has been blessing us KWCTU during the last one week. On May 24, Young Joo spoke on the temperance to 51 pastors, trainers of the chaplains of the military army in Korea. By their request, she focused on the life of Mrs. Kwi Ok Yeu, how she ...
- 새소식 절제회 2016.06.02 16:48
- Ewha Girls' High School's Alumni Celebrate 130th Foundation Anniversary
- On May 25th, KWCTU President Young-Joo Kim met up with fellow Ewha Girls' High School alumni to celebrate the school's 130th foundation anniversary. At the event, she distributed various booklets and pamphlets regarding the Anti-Alcohol and Anti-Tobacco movement and Missionary Thomas' martyrdom. Pre...
- 절제회 2016.06.01 17:13
- Proud Ewha Fellow Awards Ceremony
- On May 30th, Young-Joo Kim, president of the KWCTU and proud alumni of Ewha Women's High School received the "Proud Ewha Fellow Award" at the 130th Foundation Ceremony. Professor Jung-Joo Kim received the award on behalf of director Sung-Joo Kim who is currently visiting Europe. Professor Jung-Joo K...
- 절제회 2016.06.01 17:47
- Ewha Women's High School Temperance Movement
- On May 30th at the 130th Foundation Anniversary Event, KWCTU President Young-Joo Kim and Vice-President Jung-Joo Kim gave an interview to the Ewha Women's High School broadcasting class about the temperance movement. Emphasising that all women must protect their bodies by abstaining from alcohol con...
- 절제회 2016.06.01 18:03
- KWCTU with Military Evangelical Association of Korea (MEAK)
- On May 24, KWCTU President Young-Joo kim attended an event hosted by the Military Evangelical Association of Korea (MEAK). 51 christian military-workers attended the event and heard about the gospel and temperance message. President Kim spoke about the life-story of her mother, Kwi-Ok Yeu and encour...
- 절제회 2016.06.01 16:55